The New Jersey School Boards Association’s Executive Director Search Committee has been formed and has taken its first steps toward finding a replacement for Dr. Lawrence S. Feinsod, who is retiring as the Association’s executive director.
“The Association will cast a broad net to find the right person to bring the right set of skills to NJSBA — skills that will ensure we can continue the progress we have made in the last 10 years,” said Irene LeFebvre, NJSBA president.
The Executive Director Search Committee has reviewed and revised the advertisement for the executive director position; is gathering input on the qualities that a successful executive director must possess; will interview all viable candidates; determine protocol for reference checks; recommend a successful candidate to the Board of Directors; and maintain confidentiality throughout the process.
An advertisement for the executive director position has been posted on the NJSBA website, and will be published in the Star-Ledger, the Courier Post, Education Week, and on Indeed.com and LinkedIn.com
The NJSBA Executive Director Search Committee held its first meeting on Saturday, Feb. 26.
The co-chairs of the search committee are NJSBA President Irene LeFebvre and NJSBA Immediate Past President Mike McClure.
The other members of the committee include:
- Bruce R. Young, Carlstadt-East Rutherford (Bergen), NJSBA vice president for county activities
- Tammeisha D. Smith, Knowlton Township (Warren), NJSBA vice president for finance
- Karen Cortellino, M.D., Montville (Morris), NJSBA vice president for legislation/resolutions
- Sheli Dansky, River Edge (Bergen)
- James Gaffney, Oakland (Bergen)
- Josephine Garcia, Newark (Essex)
- Jeffrey Hicks, Southampton (Burlington)
- Michael Jacobs, Ridgefield (Bergen)
- Diane Johnson, Pennsauken (Camden)
- Carolyn Kegler, Logan Twp (Gloucester)
- Raymond Morris, Newton (Sussex)
- Robert Morrison, Watchung Hills (Somerset)
- Steve Shohfi, Lavallette (Ocean)