The New Jersey School Boards Association will honor five innovative special education programs during special education week, May 14-20, 2023.
As part of its celebration of Special Education Week, the NJSBA and ASAH, since 2002, have sponsored an “Innovations in Special Education” award program that has drawn wide interest from the state’s special education community. For this year’s awards program, public and private schools from across New Jersey submitted 59 eligible entries.
The NJSBA and ASAH, which has been serving the special education community since 1974, will recognize the programs designated for honors during a video presentation held in conjunction with Special Education Week.
During the broadcast, NJSBA and ASAH leadership will recognize the following programs:
- Neptune Township Regional Deaf Education Program, Neptune Township Regional School District.
- Power Mobility Program, P.G. Chambers School.
- Safety Ambassador Program, New Road School of Somerset.
- Social Behavioral Support Program, Marlton Elementary School, Evesham Township School District.
- Woodglen’s Lost and Found Program, Woodglen School, Lebanon Township School District.
The details of each program will be described in the recognition video. NJSBA will announce when the video is available for viewing.