The New Jersey School Boards Association is seeking a full-time field service representative for a newly created position. This dynamic individual will join our team in supporting the mission of the Association by providing individualized services, programs, and training, both in-person and remotely, to meet the specific needs of local school boards in the northern part of the state.
- Promote training and provide dues-based individualized services, programs, and training to meet the specific needs of all local boards of education.
- Generate revenue through fee-based services.
- Respond to requests for information and provide consultation and assistance to local boards, board members and administrators as needed.
- Develop, present and market NJSBA at county school boards association meetings, workshops, conferences and other programs.
- Develop and deliver effective presentations to membership, staff and groups outside the Association.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills in all communication platforms, including in-person, online, and electronic means.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple constituents, and to represent the operation broadly within and outside the Association in a highly professional manner.
- Effective consultative skills including problem identification, problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, highly motivated, creative and organized, with the ability to execute projects on tight deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile required.
- Previous service as an effective school board member highly preferred.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office Suite desirable.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and knowledge of public education and school board governance is required. You must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, and have the capability to work from home.
The minimum salary is $80,293. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 30, 2022.
NJSBA complies with the New Jersey First Act, which requires all NJSBA employees, hired on or after Sept. 1, 2011, to currently reside in New Jersey or to relocate within one year of their hire date.