The New Jersey Office of Special Education highlighted various tools and resources accessible to the public in a recent advisory.
Each resource is curated with the intent to make an equitable impact across regions, consider diverse perspectives of stakeholders and empower individuals who impact students.
The following resources and websites can now be accessed online:
- OSE’s newsletter.
- Individualized Education Program Toolkit, Topics 1-3.
- IEP Toolkit 1: Premeeting Preparation.
- IEP Toolkit 2: Developing Present Levels of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance.
- IEP Toolkit 3: Writing Goals and Objectives.
- Understanding the IDEA and FAPE in Relation to Functional Skills: A Guide for Teachers and Child Study Team Members.
- Special Education in Action Newsletter, Issue 9 (Fall 2023): Highlighting the Benefits of a Farm to School Initiative to Increase Community-Based Inclusive Opportunities.
In addition to these resources, ongoing opportunities for action, learning and collaboration are highlighted on the Office of Special Education Engagement Website.
If you have questions, you can reach the Office of Special Education via email.