Join your colleagues and school law experts Thursday, Oct. 26, 2023, for the Fall School Law Forum, making its return at the New Jersey School Boards Association’s annual Workshop in Atlantic City. The program will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Atlantic City Convention Center.
Back at Workshop by popular demand, the 2023 Fall School Law Forum will feature a full day of interesting, timely presentations such as:
- “With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility” (Spiderman): Examining Recent Developments in Legislation and School Law.
- Students for Fair Admissions and Race-Based Decision-Making: Implications for K-12 Education.
- School Law – What’s That? A Primer on Legal Issues and Parliamentary Procedure.
- Issues Involving School Administrators – From a Board and Administrator.
- School-Based Behavioral Threat Assessment: A Unique Perspective.
- What’s New in School Official Ethics.
- Current Developments in Labor Law and Collective Negotiations.
- Ongoing Issues Involving Transgender Students.
- Rotten Tomatoes: Keeping it “Reel” with Legal Ethics.
“We are delighted to welcome the School Law Forum back to Workshop,” said Dr. Timothy Purnell, NJSBA executive director and CEO. “As a superintendent, I often attended the School Law Forum and found it to be a source of critical information for all types of education officials.”
Registration for the Fall School Law Forum is separate from that of Workshop 2023 and must be handled by your school business administrator. The member fee is $299, and the non-member fee is $598. The Fall School Law Forum offers three Board Member Academy credits and 7.2 Continuing Legal Education credits (pending). Register here.
AMPSA Member Registration AMPSA members may register online through their NJSBA account and pay by credit card. Online registration requires both a username and password. Your username will be the full email address used to create your account. If you have forgotten your password, click here.