The New Jersey Department of Education annually publishes the New Jersey Performance Reports for Educator Preparation Programs to share data and information about teachers prepared at educator preparation programs in New Jersey.
The 2022 NJPREPP includes data on candidates who were prepared at an approved New Jersey educator preparation program, obtained a Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing or Certificate of Eligibility between Sept. 1, 2019, and Aug. 31, 2020, and worked in a New Jersey local educational agency as of Oct. 15, 2021.
The data contained in the reports can be used to promote the education profession. The NJDOE encourages guidance counselors to consider sharing this resource with students who are interested in pursuing a career in education.
The NJPREPP summarizes and shares available data to:
- Equip prospective teachers with empirical information about their teacher preparation provider options.
- Supply schools and local educational agencies with data about providers and graduates.
- Provide data on the supply, demand and composition of all recently certified program completers.
- Empower educator preparation programs with information to promote continuous improvement.
- Promote continuing efforts to support teaching and teacher preparation.
For questions, please reach out to Elizabeth Fernandez-Vina with the NJDOE’s Office of Information Technology via email.