The New Jersey School Boards Association seeks a full-time marketing and communications coordinator to join its team.
- Assist the communications and marketing team with all projects and initiatives.
- Develop and distribute email marketing campaigns through an email marketing system.
- Write newsletter articles.
- Develop web copy.
- Social media posts across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Make updates to NJSBA’s websites.
- Daily aggregation of educational articles for the website and a daily broadcast email campaign.
- Managing the weekly activity report for the department.
- Maintain the annual press release calendar.
- Administrative assistance as needed.
- Assistance with budgets, invoices, and purchase orders.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- At least one year of applicable experience.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to write email promotions, news articles, web content, and engaging social media posts.
- Ability to proofread and edit copy.
- Preferred education: background in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Social media experience.
- Up to date on the latest online marketing trends.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Solid time management skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and follow-through.
Desired, but not required:
- Experience with email marketing/marketing automation platforms.
- Basic WordPress/HTML experience.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices for writing.
- Familiarity with CRM databases.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Hybrid schedule.
- State health Insurance.
- State pension.
- Life insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Qualifying employer for public service loan forgiveness.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid vacation.
Job Submission Requirements: Resume and writing samples. If available, please submit links to blogs, websites, etc. Apply here.
* The successful candidate must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” (N.J.S.A. 52:14-7), regarding residency in New Jersey or the establishment of residency in the state within one year of initial employment.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should apply by Sept. 22, 2022.
Pay: $55,000.00 per year.