The New Jersey School Boards Association is hosting in-person regional Candidates’ Briefings to provide an overview of the structure and responsibilities of local school boards in New Jersey. Participants will receive pertinent information on topics including:
- An overview of the board member role.
- Legal requirements, including criminal background checks and financial disclosures.
- The board as a policy making body.
- Mandated training requirements.
- Ethical considerations to avoid conflicts of interest.
- Resources available to board members.
This program is available at no cost to the candidates or their districts. All programs will feature the same content. Please encourage candidates to attend at a location most convenient for them.
All programs take place on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022. All programs run from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
To register for a session, click on the region name below.
For more information, contact Marie Marcantonio via email or at 1-888-886-5277, ext. 5210.