Sustainable Jersey recently announced that it will award $180,000 in grants to support schools that seek a sustainable future for children and communities across the state.
The funding is being provided by the New Jersey Education Association, which will have given more than $2 million to support Sustainable Jersey’s mission with its latest donation.
The grants will fund:
- Ten $10,000 project grants to districts and schools.
- Forty $2,000 grants to support school green teams.
To be eligible for a grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a New Jersey public school district or school that is registered with the Sustainable Jersey for Schools program with an NJEA local association and have appointed a green team that meets the green team action standard. The $2,000 grants are only for registered schools with green teams.
- Funding must be used toward a project that directly relates to an action in the Sustainable Jersey for Schools program.
- Only eligible expenses can be billed to the grant – all other expenses must be covered by additional funding.
An informational webinar that provides an overview of the grants cycle, tips on creating a successful proposal and a walk-through of the online application will be held Sept. 20 from 3 to 4 p.m. Register for the webinar.
The online application must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 31.