AFTER MUCH CONSIDERATION AND REFLECTION ON THIS PROJECT, THE NEW JERSEY SCHOOL BOARDS ASSOCIATION HAS CREATED A SERIES OF NEXT STEPS THAT WILL BENEFIT THEIR MEMBER SCHOOL DISTRICTS. WITH THE COMPLETION OF THIS
project, and the launch of Sustainable Jersey for Schools (in cooperation with partner organization Sustainable
Jersey), NJSBA has developed a level of expertise and a familiarity with the sustainability best practices that are being implemented in school districts throughout the state.
This expertise can be put to work for NJSBA’s member school districts and charter schools. Beginning in January 2016, the Association, as a member service, will assess the effectiveness and efficiency of sustainable practices in specific schools.
This Sustainable Practices Working Session is intended to support the school in assessing its sustainability status and assist the district in setting new goals. This new member benefit will involve an in-person assessment and discussion with NJSBA staff and industry experts at the NJSBA headquarters.
Following the Sustainable Practices Working Session, member schools will have the opportunity to further commit to their sustainable practices by contracting with NJSBA sustainability services to achieve the goals identified from the working session.
Become a Sustainability Champion for your district! It is as easy as taking the following steps:
- Contact NJSBA Sustainability Services at email@example.com to receive guidance on how to
- Visit njsba.org/sustainability to a) register for your dues-based Sustainable Practices Working Session,
- b) access the electronic version of this NJSSP Guidebook, and c) review the complete suite of NJSBA sustainability services
- Communicate to your entire board of education that you are in favor of initiating a plan of action for sustainable practices to be implemented in your district/school.
- Begin to identify your green team
We look forward to collaborating with you on these efforts and providing ongoing services, both dues- and fee-based, to support your school in achieving your sustainability goals, one step, one stakeholder, and one student at a time.