This project will determine if the process of greening existing school facilities results in lowering operating costs, and improving student achievement.
- Capture the process for lower operating costs for districts
- Capture how districts diverted savings towards teaching and learning activities
- Determine how a cost avoidance was used towards district operational improvements
- Determine if sustainability created an environment conducive to learning
- Produce a “Sustainable Schools Guidebook for school districts.”
- Research board level decisions “Greening an existing school building.
- Determine what curricular best practices, professional development, tools and resources were used to improve the pilot schools understanding on sustainability.
- Share results with NJ schools.