Certified Board Member (CBM)
To receive this certification, board members must attend academy programs in at least four of the CBM (Certified Board Member) core areas and meet all of the CBM requirements.
The Certified Board Member (formerly “Certificated Board Member”) is the second level of the NJSBA Board Member Academy certification program. Areas of study are designed to give members a firm foundation in the essential governance skills needed to carry out their responsibilities.
Certified Board Member (CBM) requirements:
- Earn at least 20 cumulative credits
- Attend at least four county meetings
- Attend at least one annual NJSBA Workshop
- Attend at least one NJSBA Delegate Assembly
- Attend at least one statewide or regional professional development program
- Complete at least three years of service as a local board member
- May not have been judged to have violated the School Ethics Act (As determined by NJSBA)