The semiannual meeting (Delegate Assembly) of the New Jersey School Boards Association will convene on Saturday, Dec. 2 at 9 a.m. at the Conference Center at Mercer County Community College in West Windsor.
The delegates will act on the following resolutions from the NJSBA Nominating Committee:
- Plainfield1 (Union) Cohort Classification, which addresses the ability for school districts to classify students as “excluded from cohort.”
- Plainfield2 (Union) CTE Certification, which proposes policy supporting a provision that non-English speaking educators be permitted to satisfy the alternate measure by pairing in the classroom with an English speaking “co-teacher.”
- Essex County School Boards Association (Essex) Anti-Book Ban, which addresses “book bans and guidelines for evaluation and selection of instructional materials in New Jersey Public Schools.“
- Franklin Township (Warren), which proposes additional policy language supporting school district access to data resources that effectively and thoroughly document prior employment history(ies) of individual(s) whose conduct implicates the physical or emotional abuse of children.
- Union County Vocational-Technical (Union) Nominating Committee, which proposes a substitute resolved clause for inclusion in the NJSBA Bylaws amending Art. X, Sec. 3, of the Association Nominating Committee membership structure.
The Delegate Assembly is the major policy-setting body for the New Jersey School Boards Association, a federation of the state’s local school boards of education.