TRENTON, September 19, 2016—The New Jersey School Boards Association will conduct regional Candidates Briefings to address the structure and responsibilities of local school boards in New Jersey. Participants will receive pertinent information on topics including:
- The role of the board member;
- The role of the board and administration;
- The board as a policy making body;
- School-community relations;
- Training requirements;
- Ethics; and
- The relationships among the board, the superintendent and staff.
This program is available at no cost to the candidates or their districts. All programs run from 7 to 9 p.m., with registration and light refreshments at 6:30 p.m.
To register for a session, click on the region name below:
- Northern Region: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, Mountain Lakes High School, 96 Powerville Road, Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
- Central Region: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, Metuchen High School, 400 Grove Avenue, Metuchen, NJ 08840
- Southern Region: Wednesday, October 5, 2016, Hammonton High School, 566 Old Forks Road, Hammonton, NJ 08037
For more information, email Kristen Krulikowski in the NJSBA Field Services department.
The New Jersey School Boards Association is a federation of the state’s local boards of education and includes the majority of New Jersey’s charter schools as associate members. NJSBA provides training, advocacy and support to advance public education and promote the achievement of all students through effective governance.