NJSBA Membership Census
The NJSBA Membership Census is vitally important to help ensure school board members can fulfill their leadership requirements. Updates to the census are required after the reorganization meeting in January.
Providing accurate census information to NJSBA benefits both board members and business administrators, making it easier to use NJSBA’s online functions. Accurate information also allows NJSBA to communicate with members, and is required so that members can:
- Fulfill their mandated training requirements
- Register for NJSBA training programs
- Earn professional development credit
- Complete the online CSA Evaluation process
- Complete the online board self-evaluation process
How do I review my census?
The NJSBA Member Census may only be completed by the school business administrator. NJSBA launched its new member portal and district census last year. If you are accessing the new portal for the first time, you must reset your password. Once at the login page for the Member Portal, click the “Get Started” button on the right side of the screen. Please review the full instructions on resetting your password.
Please review the following video for step-by-step instructions.
Under “Manage Census,” please click on the following links to complete the district census:
- Update Board Information to review basic district information including the district address, website, and telephone number.
- Manage Board Members to edit/add current board member information. (Required: All members’ email addresses must be verified.)
- Manage Board Leadership Positions to add current board members to leadership roles. (Minimum required: President, Vice President, Delegate, Rep to the County)
- Manage Board Staff to add or remove district staff members on the census.
IMPORTANT: All four census sections must be reviewed and verified for accuracy. Updates will appear on your census in two business days. You must complete all parts of the census to be marked as complete by the NJSBA Call Center.
For questions, please email email@example.com.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Email addresses provided on the NJSBA census form are subject to the Open Public Records Act and therefore can be made available to the public through an OPRA request even if it is their personal email address. For this reason, NJSBA strongly advises members to use a district-issued email address.