The New Jersey School Boards Association is seeking a business administrator in residence to join its team.
The full-time Monday to Friday position offers a hybrid schedule: The successful candidate will be required to work some days in the office at the Association’s Trenton headquarters.
The business administrator in residence will report directly to the executive director and offer consultation, professional learning and support to board members related to district business affairs.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Budget and finance.
- Send/receive relations
- Pilot funding.
- State funding/grants (e.g. extraordinary aid, charter school funding).
- Facilities and operations.
- State and federal standards for health and safety.
- Food service.
- Transportation program.
- Record keeping.
- Retention and destruction of records.
- Board relations/elections.
- Reporting requirements as indicated by code and by request from the executive county superintendent.
- S-2/adjusting funding.
Education and Experience
- Previous service as a business administrator.
- Five to seven years public or private accounting with experience in financial reporting.
- Three to five years in management of a school business office to include oversight of accounting, finance, budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions.
- B.S. in accounting.
- M.A. or M.S. in accounting or finance.
- Certification as a business administrator.
- Experience in financial accounting within public/governmental agencies or associations or nonprofit organizations.
- Certified Public Accountant certification.
- Teaching experience.
Prolonged period of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Ability to drive and carry items up to 20 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and two letters of reference to email@example.com by June 6.
NJSBA complies with the “New Jersey First Act.” The Act requires all NJSBA employees hired on or after Sept. 1, 2011, to currently reside in New Jersey or relocate within one year of their hire date.