Dozens of board members, school administrators and other leaders in education took away practical strategies to efficiently run their districts and advance the education of all children at the New Jersey Personnel Administrators Association’s meeting on Sept. 19, at the Mercer County Technical School in Pennington.
The event, organized by the New Jersey School Boards Association, included a host of presentations, including:
- Kurt Rebovich Jr., associate director of partnerships, shared insights on NJSBA Connection, which serves as a centralized hub where school leaders can collaborate on projects and initiatives; and Workshop 2023, which will be Oct. 23-26 in Atlantic City.
- Kathleen Asher, director of legal and labor relations, spoke about the new sick leave and expansion law.
- Vincent DeLucia, special assignments/executive office, spoke about unconscious bias, its impact on learning and a host of other subjects.
The next PAA meeting will be Dec. 5 and will also be at the Mercer County Technical School.
The PAA promotes efficient and effective personnel administration and employee relations in public school districts.
PAA allows school personnel administrators to receive and share legal information and stay on top of practical developments in the field.
Benefits of PAA Membership
- Attend meetings on critical issues such as legal developments and emerging trends.
- Network with other human resources professionals in school districts.
- Access to NJSBA workshops and publications at member rates.
- Entry to restricted sections of NJSBA’s website, including recent case-law developments and contract negotiations data (e.g., settlement rates, board achievements, salaries, benefits, etc.).
- NJSBA Connection PAA members now have access to an online community that allows for greater connection to share concerns, ideas, questions, possible solutions and collaboration with their fellow group members and NJSBA staff. The community includes a library for sharing resources.
Join PAA Today
The annual dues for PAA membership are only $499 and include all the above benefits. Please ask your school business administrator to purchase online and complete the member form with the information for the PAA members in your district.
Please review the following instructions before starting the process.