Organized by the New Jersey School Boards Association and the Associate Membership Program for School Attorneys, the 2022 Fall School Law Forum will feature numerous presentations on Wednesday, Dec. 14 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the FEA Conference Center at 12 Centre Drive in Monroe Township.
Learn about recent developments and emerging issues in school law. Practicing school board attorneys will share research and their own experiences in addressing the latest court decisions, administrative rulings, statutes and codes that affect public education and school district governance.
The agenda includes:
- School Law Case Law and Legislative Review: Katrina M. Homel, legal counsel at NJSBA; and John Burns, senior legislative counsel at NJSBA.
- Special Education Issues in the Post-COVID Era: Nathanya G. Simon, Scarinci and Hollenbeck; and Cherie Adams, Adams, Guitierrez and Lattiboudere.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging: Patrick F. Carrig, The Lenox Law Group; and William S. Donio, Cooper Levenson.
- Student Records Update: Vittorio S. LaPira, Fogarty & Hara, Esqs.
- Truancy and School Refusal: Joanne L. Butler, Schenck Price, Smith and King, LLP; and David L. Disler, Porzio, Bromberg and Newman.
- Establishment Clause and Schools – Then and Now: Ruby Kumar-Thompson, Frances L. Febres, Mark A. Wenczel and Robert DeMarco, Cleary Giacobbe Alfieri Jacobs, LLC
- Legal Ethics – A Year in Review: David B. Rubin, of counsel to the Busch Law Group, LLC.
Registration for board members is available online, but must be handled by the school business administrator. Business administrators who want to register officials from their districts should have a scanned purchase order ready to attach to the registration.
AMPSA Members AMPSA members may register online through their NJSBA account and pay by credit card. Online registration requires both a username and password. Your username will be the full email address used to create your account. If you have forgotten your password, click here.
Program Rates/Professional Development Credits AMPSA members and exhibiting law firms may attend for $299 per person. The non-member rate is $598 per person. This program will carry 7.2 CLE pending credits for New Jersey lawyers and three Board Member Academy credits.