The Franklin Township School District Board of Education, located in Quakertown, Hunterdon County, NJ, offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced administrator to serve as the Superintendent of Schools/Principal for our Pre K- 8 school district, The Franklin Township School District, consisting of one building, serves approximately 300 students, with an annual operating budget in excess of $ 6 million.
The school leadership / principal position offers an individual the opportunity to excel in an outstanding community. The ability to lead, motivate and inspire our Franklin Township School District and Franklin Township community is required. Effective start date is July 1, 2018
Leadership Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
● Inspire, lead, guide, and direct every member of the administrative, instructional, and support services staff.
• Ensure that each student enrolled in the district is provided with an appropriate and effective education.
● Direct all activities of the district including:
• All phases of the educational program
• All aspects of the financial operation
• All parts of the physical plant
• Such other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Education.
Education and Experience:
• 3 years minimum experience as a Superintendent, Principal, and/or Central Office administration
• Doctorate preferred
• New Jersey School Administrator Standard Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility
• Special Education supervisory/administrative experience preferred
• Experience in the Danielson Evaluation model preferred
Skills and Competencies include:
• Proven ability to enhance student performance
• Effective communication, leadership and people management skills, plus be visible and accessible with a strong community presence
• Ability to make difficult decisions and take public ownership for them
• Demonstrated ability to delegate when appropriate
• Ability to inspire and motivate staff leadership roles
• Demonstrated ability in building relationships with staff and school community
The Franklin Township School District Board of Education, an Equal Opportunity Employer, will offer a multi-year contract with a competitive salary and benefits package in accordance with NJ state regulations. Qualified candidates who wish to be considered for this position should forward a digital copy of the following:
● Letter of interest
● Resume’, including (3) references
● New Jersey Department of Education “certification view”, listing all certifications, with a date and timestamp within the last thirty (30) days
The requested information should be forwarded no later than 4:00 P.M. on Friday, February 23, 2018 to:
Ms. Patricia Martucci (firstname.lastname@example.org)
School Business Administrator
Franklin Township School
226 Quakertown Road
PO Box 368
Quakertown, NJ 08868
No application or submission received after 4:00 P.M. on Friday, February 23, 2018 will be considered.