NBM Boardsmanship Certification (NBM)
To receive this certification, board members must attend new board member academy programs in at least three of the NBM (NBM Boardsmanship Certification) core areas and meet all of the NBM requirements.
Start your board service outright with the New Board Member (NBM) Boardsmanship Certification, the first tier of the NJSBA Board Member Academy certification program. New members receive a firm foundation in the initial governance skills needed to carry out their responsibilities.
NBM Boardsmanship Certification (NBM) requirements:
- Accumulate at least ten Board Member Academy credits
- Attend face-to-face Governance I: New Board Member Orientation (face to face live sessions and live virtual training fulfills this requirement)
- Attend at least one statewide or regional professional development program
- Attend at least two county association meetings
- Attend at least one annual NJSBA Workshop Conference
- Eligibility limited to the first two years of board service
- May not have been judged to have violated the School Ethics Act