To assist board attorneys in the practice of education law, NJSBA offers anAssociate Membership Program for School Attorneys (AMPSA). Members of this unique program receive numerous benefits and resources including:
- Complimentary subscriptions to e-publications such as School Law News, Amicus Watch and School Ethics Reporter;
- Reduced fees on consultation/research with staff attorneys;
- Access to NJSBA’s Members Only areas of www.njsba.org;
- Complimentary listing in the Consultant Registry;
- Access to AMPSA e-mail group (List Serve);
- Member rates for the Index to School Law Decisions and PERC Index
- Member rates on association publications and conferences, complimentary subscriptions to Association periodicals; and more.
The legal department’s Web site also contains a wealth of information for board attorneys, including decisions from the commissioner, state board, and ethics commission, as well as decisions from state and federal courts. To keep their skills up to date, board attorneys are invited to attend several conferences hosted throughout the year by the NJSBA legal department. Visit the training area of the Web site for up-to-date information on available dates and locations. NJSBA also offers a number of publications for attorneys who are new to the field of education law (or would like a refresher), including Basic School Lawand the Focus on School Law series.