The NJSBA Annual School Leader Award
Let us spotlight your success! The deadline for nomination submissions for the NJSBA Annual School Leader Award has passed. Winners of the School Leader Award will be honored during Workshop 2017 at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Programs also will be featured in School Leader magazine.
NJSBA’s School Leader Award highlights creative public school programs that enhance learning.
Programs will be judged on:
- Degree of innovation and challenge
- How well the program addresses a need
- How the program integrates into the school district’s curriculum and the state’s Core Curriculum Content Standards
- Evaluation strategies
- Community involvement, if applicable
- Future plans for improvement
To be eligible, the program must have been in effect for at least two years. Previous winning entries are not eligible.
Each program entry should include:
- Name and title of person responsible for program
- Concise goal statement
- Description of program, no longer than 700 words, including the following information:
- Number of students served
- How long program has been in effect
- How program is funded
- Information/statistics illustrating the results of program
- List of the specific Core Curriculum Content Standards that the program addresses and how it does so
- Photos showcasing program in action (Photos must be of reproducible quality and available in digital format)
- Supplemental materials, if available, such as brochures, flyers, letters, and announcements. (CDs, DVDs, videos or diskettes will NOT be accepted)
Electronically(preferred format): Download the entry form and fill in all required fields. Submit the form and any images or additional documentation as an email attachment and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or by mail: Complete the entry form and mail it with other supplemental materials to NJSBA, Attention: Ann Marie Smith, 413 West State St., P.O. Box 909, Trenton, NJ 08618. The entry form must accompany all supplemental materials.
Submission deadline: Entries must be received in the NJSBA office by 4:30 p.m. on June 23, 2017. There will be no extension. For information, call the NJSBA Communications Department at (888) 886-5722, ext. 5209.