The NJSBA Annual School Leader Award
Let us spotlight your success! The New Jersey School Boards Association (NJSBA) is now accepting entries for the annual School Leader Awards. The School Leader awards showcase creative New Jersey public school programs that enhance learning.
Programs will be judged on:
- Degree of innovation and challenge
- How well the program addresses a need
- How the program integrates into the school district’s curriculum and the New Jersey Student Learning Standards
- Program evaluation strategies and results
- Community involvement, if applicable
- Future plans for improvement
To be eligible, the program must have been in operation for at least two years. Previous winning entries are not eligible.
Each program entry should include:
- Name and title of person responsible for program
- Concise goal statement
- Description of program, no longer than 700 words
- Number of students served
- How long program has been operating
- How program is funded
- Information/statistics illustrating the results of program
- List of the specific New Jersey Student Learning Standards that the program addresses and how it does so
- Photos showcasing the program in action (photos must be of reproducible quality and available in digital format)
Supplemental materials, if available, such as brochures, flyers, letters, and announcements. (CDs, DVDs, videos or diskettes will NOT be accepted)
The deadline for submissions is June 21, 2019. Winning entries will be recognized during a ceremony at NJSBA Workshop 2019 being held on Oct. 21-24, 2019 at the Atlantic City Convention Center.
Submit entries:Electronically(preferred format): Download the School Leader Award entry form and fill in all required fields. Submit the form and any images or additional documentation as an email attachment and send it to email@example.com
Or by mail: Complete the School Leader Award entry form and mail it with other supplemental materials to NJSBA, Attention: Ann Marie Smith, 413 West State St., Trenton, NJ 08618. The entry form must accompany all supplemental materials.
Submission deadline: Entries must be received in the NJSBA office by 4:30 p.m. on June 21, 2019. There will be no extensions. For information, call the NJSBA Communications Department at (888) 886-5722, ext. 5209.