Sustainable Jersey for Schools is a certification program for New Jersey public schools that want to go green, conserve resources and take steps to create a brighter future, one school at a time.
Launched in fall 2014, the program provides tools, training and financial incentives to support and recognize schools as they pursue a balanced sustainability program.
Why participate? Research shows that sustainable practices:
- Result in healthier schools;
- Reduce operating costs and free up money for the classroom, and
- Contribute to student success
New Digital Schools Program
A new slate of Sustainable Jersey for Schools actions that encompass the former Future Ready Schools – NJ (FRS-NJ) indicators is under development.
For schools already active in Sustainable Jersey for Schools, the new actions will provide opportunities to earn more points and achieve higher levels of certification. For districts formerly active in the FRS-NJ program, progress made in completing the FRS-NJ program requirements during the past two years will count toward meeting the new action requirements if the standard is met. In addition, access to increased professional staff support, detailed guidance material, training, technical assistance, and access to ancillary funding sources will be provided.
View the videos below to learn more about Sustainable Jersey for Schools.
- Facebook Live Event: Announcing the “Future” of FRS-NJ: Sustainable Jersey Digital Schools
- Getting Started as a Sustainable School
- Sustainability – Helping the Bottom Line Financially as well as Educationally
- Sustainability in Schools is Much More Than “Going Green”
For more information on Sustainable Jersey for Schools or NJSBA Sustainability Services, contact email@example.com.